I'm a Computer Science Ph.D. student working with Professor Chris Kanich in the BITS Networked Systems Laboratory at The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). I received my undergraduate degree from Lawrence University
in political science and economics in 2006. I then briefly attended Boston College Law School, then worked professionally doing web and iOS contract work.
My interests are networking, system and web-space security and machine learning.
Current and Past Projects
- Cloudsweeper - Encrypting and warning users of plain text passwords sent through their GMail accounts
- 8bit Sound Synthesis - Writing new NES chip-style soundtracks using a corpus of 39 classic NES games and machine learning
Positions and Accomplishments
Talks / Events
Other (possibly) Useful Output
- Objective-C Dijkstra implementation - Library to perform Dijkstra in Objective-C (for iOS and OSX applications)
- WonkMeme - Detect popular topics and authors in public policy by imposing a weighted, directed graph onto the public policy blogosphere.
- RedEye Title Generator - Silly site put together to demonstrate mashups for a talk. Automatically combines New York Times news items with titles of popular movies, songs and TV shows to make junk
- VeryLocalData - Simple site to mash several sources of demographic and economic data about zipcodes, cities, states and localities in one convenient place.