CS 385 Spring 2013
New material is added here first, and later moved elsewhere
or removed entirely as it becomes old or obsolete. Some information
is considered sufficiently important to never expire.
- Final Exam Tuesday 7 May, 3:30 to 5:30, Comprehensive. Lecture Center F6.
- Homework 4 - Discrete Event Simulation of a CPU Scheduler - Due Thursday May 2nd at 3:00 via Blackboard
- Homework 3 - Simulation of a Memory Paging System - Due Monday April 8th at 3:30 via Blackboard.
- Homework 2 - Interprocess Communications - Due Thursday 14 March at 3:00 via Blackboard.
- Midterm Exam I Wednesday March 6, 6:00 to 8:00 P.M., Lecture Center B 101
- Coverage includes all work through the 7th week of classes, i.e. chapters 1-7 and HW 1 & 2.
- Seminar on non-deadlock concurrency bugs, Thursday 7 March at 11:00
- Homework 1 - Statsh - Due Tuesday 19 February at 3:00 p.m. via Blackboard
- Please submit your files as a zip file named with your ACCC name followed by CS385HW1, e.g. jbellCS385HW1.zip
- timekiller.cpp - A deliberately inefficient program to chew up cpu cycles and consume measurable time.
- ROOM CHANGE: CS 385 has now been moved to LC F6
- Course Policies - Includes
instructor information and original planned schedule.
- John Bell's Home page,
including office information and links to current schedule.
- TA 's Web Page
- Programming Resources - Including Linux man pages, VMware, Ubuntu, and more
- Scribbles - Notes made in class ( now in REVERSE chronological order. )
- Microsoft Software Program:
Reed's Microsoft Software Program page
- MSDNAA Direct Web Site:
- Go to https://msdn01.e-academy.com/uic_cs
- Your login name is your CS e-mail address ( including the "@cs.uic.edu" ) This may be a temp account if you are enrolled in CS classes but are not a CS major.
- Your password should have been mailed to you at the beginning of the semester. ( To your CS account. ) If you need them to e-mail it again, there is a button on the page to do that.
- ACM Web Site
- Linux Users Group ( LUG ) Web Site