CS 450 Spring 2012
New material is added here first, and later moved elsewhere
or removed entirely as it becomes old or obsolete. Some information
is considered sufficiently important to never expire.
- Final Exam Wednesday 3:30 to 5:30 in Lecture Center D1
- Everything covered all semester is fair game - Emphasis will be on material not covered on the first midterm.
- Closed book, closed notes, closed calculator, closed neighbor, open brain.
- Please sit in every other row starting from the front, with at least two empty seats ( or one aisle ) between students.
- Chapter 5 Wireshark Labs - Due Thursday 26 April at 1:30 P.M. via Blackboard
- Chapter 4 Wireshark Labs - Due Thursday 12 April at 1:30 P.M. via Blackboard
- Midterm Exam Thursday 8 March - 2:00 - 3:15 P.M. in Lecture Center F6
- Note Two Changes to HW3:
- Due date pushed back a week, and set to 11:59 P.M.
- The recvDataFrom( ) method should have two extra arguments, for the return address IP and Port, similar to sendDataTo( )
- Course Policies - Includes
instructor information and original planned schedule.
- Homework 3 - Due Thursday 22 March at 11:59P.M. via Blackboard
- Chapter 3 Wireshark Labs - Due Tuesday 20 March at 1:30 P.M. via Blackboard
- Homework 2 - Due Thursday 23 February at 1:30 P.M. via Blackboard
- Linux man pages:
- accept( )
- bind( )
- close( )
- connect( )
- gethostbyname( )
- ip( )
- listen( )
- read( )
- select( )
- sleep( ), msleep( )
- socket( )
- write( )
- Chapter 2 Wireshark Labs - Due Tuesday 28 February at 1:30 P.M. via Blackboard
- Homework 1 - Due Thursday 2 February at 11:59 P.M. via Blackboard
- Wireshark Lab
- Links & Notes related to NCurses:
- A link on how to do it using kbhit:
- Some links on pthreads:
- And at least one student used select:
- John Bell's Home page,
including office information and links to:
- TA's CS 450 Web Page
- Textbook Website
Homework & Project Documents