Some Invited Talks, Tutorials and Interviews
- Detecting Fake Opinions in Social Media. Keynote talk at KDD-2012 Workshop on Issues of Sentiment Discovery and Opinion Mining, Aug 12, 2012, Beijing, China.
- Modeling Opinions and Beyond in Social Media. Invited lecture at KDD Summer School (Aug 10, 2012) at the KDD conference (Aug 12-16, 2012), Beijing, China. (This is an 2-hour lecture. I will talk about how to model opinions, comments, etc. in social media).
- Analysis and Modeling of Sentiments and Opinions. Invited talk given at IBM Almedan Research Center, June 21, 2012.
- An interview: The Science of Detecting Fake Reviews. Interview by Trinity Hartman at Content Ping, May 18, 2012.
- An interview: Practical Sentiment Analysis and Lies. Interviewed by Tom H. C. Anderson for his Next Gen Market Research blog, April 9, 2012.
- Practical Sentiment Analysis. Invited tutorial at Sentiment Analysis Symposium, May 8 (tutorial on May 7), 2012, New York, USA.
- Data Mining Challenges in Sentiment Analysis. Keynote talk to be given at ICDM-2011 Workshop on Sentiment Elicitation from Natural Text for Information Retrieval and Extraction, December 10, 2011 Vancouver, Canada.
- Opinion Mining Tutorial - (references). Given at AAAI-2011, Monday, August 8, 2011, San Francisco, USA.
- Opinion Mining: Abstraction and Techniques. Keynote talk given in the expert speaker series of the Data Science Summer Institute at UIUC, June 17, 2011. The talk has also been given in a number of universities and research labs in the summer of 2011.
- Opinion Mining: What is there for Data Miners? Keynote at Interantional Wordshop on Topic Feature Discovery and Opinion Mining, Sydney, Australia, Dec 14, 2010 (at ICDM-2010).
- Beyond Sentiments - Opinion Mining in the Read World. Keynote at The 2nd International Workshop on Search and Mining User-generated Contents, Toronto, Oct 30, 2010 (at CIKM-2010).
- Opinion Mining: Structure the Unstructured. Keynote at The First International Workshop on Opinion Mining for Business Intelligence (OMBI'10), Toronto, Aug 31, 2010.
- Opinion Mining and Sentiment Analysis: NLP Meets Social Sciences.
Talk given at the Invited Workshop on Social Theory and Social Computing, Honolulu, Hawaii, May 22-23, 2010. (Sponsored by the Air Force Office of Scientific Research).
- Sentiment Analysis: A multifaceted Problem. Invited talk given at the Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, May 11, 2010.
- Opinion Mining and Sumamrization. Invited talk given at the MAVIR symposium, Nov 19, 2009, Madrid, Spain.
- Opinion Mining and Sentiment Analysis via Divide and Conquer. Invited talk given at the Workshop on Mining User-Generated Content, Aug 8, 2009, Singapore Management University, Singapore.
- Sentiment Analysis.
Keynote talk at the 5th Annual Text Analytics Summit, Boston, USA, June 1-2, 2009.
- An Interview on Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining by textAnalyticsNews.com, April 20, 2009.
- Exploring User Opinions in Recommender Systems. Invited talk at the KDD-2008 Workshop on Large Scale Recommender Systems, Aug 24, 2008, Las Vegas, USA.
- Opinion Mining and Summarization. Panel talk at Social Media Research Summit @ the 2008 Microsoft Research Faculty Summit, July 30, 2008, Seattle, USA.
- Opinion Mining and Summarization: Sentiment Analysis. Tutorial given at WWW-2008, April 21, 2008 in Beijing, China.
- Web Data Extraction and Opinion Mining. Invited talk at the Research and Development Dept. of Thomson, Minneapolis, Minnesota, July 26, 2007.
- From Web Content Mining to Natural Language Processing. Tutorial given at
ACL-2007, Prague, Czech
Republic, June 23-30 2007.
- Opinion mining is one of the topics.
- There is also a video made by Reinhard Rapp, which will come soon.
- From Topic Search to Opinion Search. Invited talk at IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, New York, June 4, 2007.
- Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining. Invited talk at Yandex (the most popular search engine in Russia), Moscow, Russia, May 15, 2007.
- Mining and Summarizing Opinions on the Web. Invited talk at ACL-06 Workshop on Sentiment and Subjectivity in Text. July 22, 2006, Sydney, Australia.
- Searching Opinions in User-Generated Contents. Invited talk at the Sixth Annual Emerging Information Technology Conference (EITC-06), Aug 10-12, 2006, Dallas, Texas.
- Opinion Mining and Search, Invited talk at Google, Pittsburgh,
Sept 29, 2006. (Similar talks were also given at Yahoo!, Microsoft, Motorola Labs, i2r, University of Iowa, Tsinghua University, etc).