December 16, 2005
- Prof. Clement Yu commercializes massive news search engine with SBIR Phase II grant
December 9, 2005
- Seminar: Richard Karp ''Geometric Optics, Linear Programming and Congestion in Sensornets''
November 29, 2005
- Professor Isabel Cruz is the Program co-Chair for the First International Conference on Main.GeoSpatial Semantics
November 22, 2005
- Seminar: Jennifer Golbeck ''Web-based Social Network Analysis for Socially Intelligent Applications''
November 21, 2005
- Seminar: ''A Parameterized Algorithm for Protein Structure Alignment''
November 11, 2005
- Seminar: Elaine Weyuker, AT&T Fellow ''I KNOW WHERE YOU'RE HIDING''
November 10, 2005
- Professor Robert Sloan has been elected to the Board of Governors of the IEEE Computer Society.
November 8, 2005
- Prof. Jeffrey Tsai is the Conference Co-Chair of the 16th IEEE International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering
November 8, 2005
- Seminar: Dr. Jared Saia ''Secure Algorithms and Data Structures for Massive Networks''
November 1, 2005
- Seminar: Carlo Ghezzi ''Towards open, dynamic software processes and products: achievements and challenges''
October 21, 2005
- Professor Sol Shatz is the Principal Investigator on a new grant from the U.S. Army Research Office (ARO)
October 20, 2005
- Seminar: Professor Yvonne Rogers ''Grown-Up Science: Enabling Students to Learn How to Become Scientists Through Using Pervasive Technologies''
October 14, 2005
- ''PC as Personal Companion for Computer Studies'' by Prof. Barbara Di Eugenio
October 13, 2005
- Professor Isabel Cruz is the Principal Investigator on a new NSF Information Integration grant
September 30, 2005
- The First CS Women Lunch
September 19, 2005
- UIC Teaching Awards for Professors Buy, Cruz, Reed and Sloan
September 7, 2005
- EVL's Main.GeoWall-2 Tiled Display at the Science Museum of Minnesota
September 2, 2005
- Professor Clement Yu serving as General Chair of the 2006 ACM SIGMOD
August 23, 2005
- Professor Bing Liu Receives 2005 IBM Faculty Award
August 23, 2005
- Prof. Barbara Di Eugenio Has Been Awarded a New Grant by the National Science Foundation
August 22, 2005
- EVL Lights Up the 105 Megapixel Main.LambdaVision
August 20, 2005
- UIC Computer Science students take internships at numerous corporations including Boeing, Google, Microsoft, Morningstar, Motorola, Tellabs and Verizon.
July 29, 2005
- July 25-28, August 1-4: Building the Engineering Pipeline Intensive teacher training offered in partnership with Microsoft to area high school teachers, providing course credit, curriculum and software.
July 26, 2005
- Bhaskar Main.DasGupta was invited to give a one-day tutorial on systems biology in the 5th International Summer School on Biocomplexity from System to Gene in Dartmouth College.
July 14, 2005
- Seminar: Prof. Der-Horng Lee ''Deployment and Innovation of Intelligent Transportation Systems in Singapore''
June 12, 2005
- Prof. Jeffrey Tsai will give a distinguished lecture at the 8th World Congress on Integrated Design and Process Technology
June 1, 2005
- Prof. Ugo Buy receives the UIC Award for Excellence in Teaching
April 29, 2005
- Seminar: Lin Cai, Ph.D. ''Transport layer protocol design for multimedia wireless Internet''
April 19, 2005
- Prof. T. Murata was invited to the Romanian Academy of Science
April 19, 2005
- Catching the Drift: Probabilistic Content Models, and Their Application for Text Generation and Summarization
April 18, 2005
- Seminar: Raj Jain ''Computer Networking: Recent Developments, Trends, and Issues''
April 15, 2005
- Stump the Professors
April 13, 2005
- Seminar: Andrew C. Yao, A.M. Turing Award Recipient, ''Quantum Complexity: How Fast Can Quantum Computers Sort?''
April 12, 2005
- Seminar: Riccardo Pucella ''A Knowledge-Based Foundation for Security''
April 5, 2005
- Seminar:Lance Fortnow ''The Complexity of Information Markets''
March 14, 2005
- Prof. Jeff Tsai will give a Keynote talk at IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Application
March 8, 2005
- Seminar: Aravind K. Joshi ''Discourse connectives and their argument structure: Some aspects of transition from sentence structure to discourse structure''
March 1, 2005
- Seminar: Ray Main.DeCarlo ''Software Release Control using Defect Based Quality Estimation''
February 28, 2005
- Seminar: John Langford ''Fast Exact High Dimensional Nearest Neighbors in Arbitrary Dimensions with a Cover Tree''
February 16, 2005
- Seminar: Cris Ding ''Link Analysis and Topic Discovery via Spectral Clustering''
February 3, 2005
- Seminar: Moshe Vardi ''And Logic Begat Computer Science: When Giants Roamed the Earth''
February 1, 2005
- Prof. Ugo Buy receives WOW award
January 30, 2005
- Friendly Fridays
January 26, 2005
- Seminar: Paul Dan Cristea
University of Illinois at Chicago | College of Engineering
Undergraduate Open House
Give to the Department
Copyright 2016 The Board of Trustees
of the University of Illinois.
Helping Women Faculty Advance
Funded by NSF