Introduction to Computer Graphics
Course Notes Main Page
- This version of these course notes was assembled Spring 2005
by John Bell, for
CS 488 at the University of Illinois Chicago.
- Much of the material in these course notes was provided by
Andy Johnson, from his CS 488 course web pages. His original
pages can be found at http://www.evl.uic.edu/aej/488/index.html
- Some material is recycled from the Virtual
Reality Programming course ( Eng 591 ) that I taught at the
University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
- The required textbook for this course is "Computer Graphics,
Principles and Practice" by Foley, vanDam, Feiner, and Hughes.
Some material in these pages was taken from that book.
- Some material was taken from the current literature in the
field of computer graphics and similar sources. Accreditation
for these items is provided where such material appears.
Andy's Art Collection
When Andy Johnson teaches this course, he provides artistic
examples of computer graphics for each lesson in his course. Rather
than taking his images, many of which were provided to him by
third parties, links are provided here to each of his art pages:
Course Notes, by Topic ( and Chapter Where Appropriate )
Note: Any topic which does not have
a page linked to it, or for which the linked page is unavailable,
is under consideration and/or under development, and is subject