I am a 5th (final) year Ph.D. student at the University of Illinois at Chicago. My advisor is Prof. Bing Liu. I received my Master's degree (by course) from Chinese University of Hong Kong, Sha Tin, Hong Kong, and Bachelor's degree from Guandong University of Foreign Studies, Guangzhou, China.
Sentiment analysis and opinion mining, natural language processing, data mining, and machine learning.
Selected Publications (see full list in [Google Scholar])
- Guangyi Lv, Shuai Wang, Bing Liu, Enhong Chen, and Kun Zhang. Sentiment Classification by Leveraging the Shared Knowledge from a Sequence of Domains. To appear in the 24th International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications (DASFAA 2019).
- Shuai Wang, Guangyi Lv, Sahisnu Mazumder, Geli Fei, and Bing Liu. Lifelong Learning Memory Networks for Aspect Sentiment Classification. In Proceedings of the 2018 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE BigData 2018).
- Shuai Wang, Sahisnu Mazumder, Bing Liu, Mianwei Zhou, and Yi Chang. Target-sensitive Memory Networks for Aspect Sentiment Classification. In Proceedings of the 56th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL 2018).
- Lei Zhang, Shuai Wang, and Bing Liu. Deep Learning for Sentiment Analysis: A Survey. Transactions on WIREs Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, 2018.
- Sahisnu Mazumder, Bing Liu, Shuai Wang, Yingxuan Zhu, Lifeng Liu, and Jian Li. Action Permissibility in Deep Reinforcement Learning and Application to Autonomous Driving. In the Deep Learning Day/Workshop (DLDay) of the 24th ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (DLDay of KDD 2018).
- Daniel K. Cortese, Glen Szczypka, Sherry Emery, Shuai Wang, Elizabeth Hair, and Donna Vallone. Smoking Selfies: Using Instagram to Explore Young Women’s Smoking Behaviors. In Social Media and Society: SAGE Journals, 2018.
- Huayi Li, Geli Fei, Shuai Wang, Bing Liu, Weixiang Shao, Arjun Mukherjee, and Jidong Shao. Bimodal Distribution and Co-Bursting in Review Spam Detection. In Proceedings of the 26th International Conference on World Wide Web (WWW 2017).
- Shuai Wang, Zhiyuan Chen, Geli Fei, Bing Liu, and Sherry Emery. Targeted Topic Modeling for Focused Analysis. In Proceedings of the 22nd ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD 2016).
- Geli Fei, Shuai Wang, Bing Liu. Learning Cumulatively to Become More Knowledgeable. In Proceedings of the 22nd ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD 2016).
- Shuai Wang, Zhiyuan Chen, and Bing Liu. Mining Aspect-Speciﬁc Opinion using a Holistic Lifelong Topic Model. In Proceedings of the 25th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW 2016).
- Shuai Wang, Zhiyuan Chen, Bing Liu and Sherry Emery. Identifying Search Keywords for Finding Relevant Social Media Posts. In Proceedings of the 30th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2016).
- Tak Pang Lau, Shuai Wang, Yuanyuan Man, Chi Fai Yuen, and Irwin King. Language Technologies for Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Writing. In Proceedings of the 23th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW 2014 Companion, Workshop Paper)
- Yuanyuan Man, Shuai Wang, Tianyu Zhang, T.J. Wong, and Irwin King. Corporate Leaders Analytics and Network System (CLANS): Constructing and Mining Social Networks among Corporations and Business Elites in China. In Proceedings of 2014 International Conference on the Neural Information Processing (ICONIP 2014)
- Shuai Wang, Yuanyuan Man, Tianyu Zhang, T.J. Wong, and Irwin King. Data Management with Flexible and Extensible Data Schema in CLANS. In Procedia Computer Science, 2013
- Jianfeng du, Shuai Wang, Guilin Ai, Jeff Z. Pan, Che Qiu. An Abductive CQA Based Matchmaking System for Finding Renting Houses. In Proceedings of the Joint International Semantic Technology Conference (JIST 2011, Best Demo Award).
Served as the program committee (PC) member or reviewer in premier international conferences such as AAAI, IJCAI, KDD, ACL, EMNLP, NAACL.
- Research Intern at Rakuten Institute of Technology, May 2018 - August 2018
- Intern Scientist at Yahoo! Research, May 2016 - August 2016
- Data Engineer at Health Media Collaboratory, Institute for Health Research and Policy, May 2015 - August 2015
- Research Assistant at Chinese University of Hong Kong, June 2013 - May 2014
- Fifty for The Future, awarded by Illinois Technology Foundation
- Student Representative for the 50 Years of the ACM Turing Award Celebration
- National Scholarship, awarded by Chinese Ministry of Education
- Best Demo Award at Joint International Semantic Technology Conference 2011
Last Update: Oct 2018