CS 100 - Computer Literacy, Spring 2006
This lab assignment will have you add some
to your Icarus Home Page.
Note: To connect to Icarus from the ACCC labs in SEL, follow these steps:
- Click "Start"-->"All Programs"-->"Network Connectivity"-->"SSH Secure Shell"-->"Secure Shell Client". This will open SSH Client.
- Click "Quick Connect" icon or "Enter" key to connect to a host.
- The host name is:icarus.uic.edu, the username is your netid, the password is your netid password.
Lab Assignment 3
Due: Friday 2/3/2006 by 12:00 noon.
Modify (or create) the file in the web directory of your icarus account
with the name of index.html.
This file is to contain:
- An unordered list
containing your Net-ID, your major and your
year (i.e. Freashman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior)
- A sentence (or two) describing the ordered list to be given
for part 3 of this assignment.
- An ordered list
of at least 5 items about anything you wish.
The ordered list that you submit can be on any topic you like. For
example, your list could be:
- Your 5 favorite songs
- The last 5 movies you saw
- The 5 best museums in the Chicago area
- The 5 players who would make the worlds best basketball team
Verify that your file is viewable via a web browser
at the URL of:
where NETID is your own Net-ID
You can check this out via the link to your home page on the
CS 100 Student List page.