My current research interests include computational transportation science, moving objects databases, and mobile computing.
I once was working on an interesting project called VTI (Volunteered Traveler
Information). It is a Twitter application for real-time transportation information. The application is crowd-sourcing based. Therefore the more people use it, the more useful it becomes. So please help me to promote this application and let more people know about it :).
I have been also working on the ridesharing project, which studies two forms of ridesharing, i.e. taxi-sharing and slugging.
More recently, I am working on the parking/unparking event detection project.
- Jane Lin, Sandeep Sasidharan, Shuo Ma, Ouri Wolfson. A Model of Multimodal Ridesharing and its Analysis. 17th IEEE Conference on Mobile Data Management, 2016
- Shuo Ma, Yu Zheng, Ouri Wolfson. Real-time City-Scale Taxi Ridesharing. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 27, pp 1782-1795, 2015
- Shuo Ma, Ouri Wolfson, Bo Xu. UPDetector: Sensing Parking/Unparking Activities Using Smartphones. Proceedings of 7th International Workshop on Computational Transportation Science, IWCTS 2014 .
- Shuo Ma, Ouri Wolfson. Analysis and Evaluation of the Slugging Form of Ridesharing. Proceedings of 21st ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems, 2013 .
- Roland Varriale, Shuo Ma, Ouri Wolfson. VTIS: A Volunteered Travelers Information System. Proceedings of 6th International Workshop on Computational Transportation Science, IWCTS 2013 .
- Shuo Ma, Yu Zheng, Ouri Wolfson. T-Share: A Large-Scale Dynamic Taxi Ridesharing Service. Proceedings of 29th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering, ICDE 2013. Best Paper Runner-up
- Shuo Ma, Ouri Wolfson, Jie Lin. A Survey on Trust Management for Intelligent Transportation System. Proceedings of 4th International Workshop on Computational Transportation Science, IWCTS 2011 .
- Shuo Ma, Ouri Wolfson, Jie Lin. IIP: An Event-Based Platform for ITS Applications. Proceedings of 3rd International Workshop on Computational Transportation Science, IWCTS 2010 .
- The Best Paper Runner-Up Award, 29th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering, ICDE 2013.
- NSF Travel Grant Award, ACM SIGSPATIAL 2013.
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, Dept. of CS, Univ. of Illinois at Chicago, 2010
- Gold Medal of Yahoo Search Intramural Programming Contest, Beijing Univ. of Posts and Telecommunications, 2007
- First Class Prize of National Collegiate Physics Competition, 2005
- University Academic First Class Scholarship, Beijing Univ. of Post and Telecommunications, 2004-2008
- CS 107: Introduction to Computing and Programming, Fall 2008, Spring 2009, Summer 2009
201: Data Structures and Discrete Mathematics, Summer 2010, Fall 2011
- CS 301: Languages and Automata, Fall 2009, Spring 2010
- CS 340: Software Design, Spring 2011
- CS 366: Computer Architecture II: Hardware-Software Interface,Fall 2009, Spring 2010
- CS 401: Computer Algorithms I, Spring 2012
- CS 441: Distributed Object Programming Using Middleware, Spring 2011
- CS 480: Database Systems, Spring 2013
CIKM'11,ICCCT'11, ICDE'09, ICDE'10, ICWMC'12, MDM'11, MDM'12, SIGSPATIAL'11, SIGSPATIAL'12, SIGSPATIAL'13, SRDS'11, VLDB'10, VLDB'12, CollaborateCom'12, CollaborateCom'13, TIST'12, TPDS'11, SSTD'13