Welcome to my homepage!
I am a PhD student in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Illinois at Chicago, working with my advisor Professor Chris Kanich. I received my BS in Computer Science from Sharif University of Technology, Iran.
My research areas generally lie in security and privacy. My current research projects mainly focus on Machine Learning applications in security and privacy.
- Research Assistant, BITS Networked Systems Laboratory, University of Illinois at Chicago: Fall 2015 - Present
- Teaching Assistant, Intro to Data Science (CS491), University of Illinois at Chicago: Spring 2016
- Teaching Assistant, Computer Organization (CS261), University of Illinois at Chicago: Fall 2014, Spring 2015, Fall 2015
- Teaching Assistant, Intro to Computer Networking, Sharif University of Technology: Fall 2013
- Data Scientist Intern at Target: June 2017 - Present
 Sara Amini and Chris Kanich, "Characterizing the Impact of Malware Infections and Remediation Attempts Through Support Forum Analysis," in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Electronic Crime Research (eCrime), 2017.
Honors and Awards
- Student Travel Awards: IEEE eCrime 2017, GREPSEC III Workshop 2017
- Grace Hopper Celebration Scholarship, Sponsored by Groupon: October 2016
- CRA-W Grad Cohort Scholarship: April 2016
- Member of the National Organization for Development of Exceptional Talents (NODET), Iran: 2002 - Present